LONGHORN PROPERTIES will not discriminate against any person in the terms, conditions, or privileges in the rental of a property, or otherwise make available or deny the provisions of services or facilities because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, family status, or disability.
- Head of household/lessee must be a minimum of 18 years of age or older.
- All applicants must have a valid Social Security Number, a valid state or federal issued photo ID or drivers’ license and / or government issued / military ID card.
- ALL applicants over the age of 18 are required to complete a separate rental application and pay the required application fee of $25 each.
- ALL persons over the age of 18 will be listed as a resident unless resident is parent / legal guardian.
INCOME AND EMPLOYMENT
- Applicants must be currently employed and have a minimum of one year of verifiable employment history. If new position, offer letter to identify employer and salary MUST be provided.
- To qualify, each applicant’s gross monthly income must be at least three (3) times the amount of the monthly unless married. NOTE: Married couples can use their combined household income to qualify.
- Self-employment, trust funds, child support, retirement and other income sources must be verified with bank statements, financial statements, tax returns, etc.
- Active duty military must provide a copy of the most recent L.E.S. and military ID card.
RENTAL AND CREDIT HISTORY CRITERIA
- Applicants must have at least one (1) year of verifiable rental or mortgage payment history with no more than three (3) late payments within that period.
- Negative rental or mortgage payment history or lack of rental history may result in an conditional approval with an increased Security Deposit.
- Credit history must be satisfactory as determined by Longhorn Properties.
- Collection, delinquent, slow pay accounts or lack of credit history may result in a conditional approval with an increased Security Deposit.
- Renter’s liability insurance is required for ALL properties. Proof of insurance must be provided prior to or at lease signing.
HOUSING ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (CTHAP or KHA)
- The Housing Assistance Program is accepted on SELECTED properties.
- The approved monthly rent allowance MUST be equal to or greater than the monthly rent. NOTE: RESIDENT IS NOT ALLOWED TO PAY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ALLOWANCE AND RENT.
- Resident is responsible for the ENTIRE rent UNTIL CTHAP or KHA payments are received.
- Any overpayment will be credited to resident’s account. NO cash refunds will be made to resident.
SECURITY DEPOSITS / ANIMAL DEPOSITS / PET FEES
- Security Deposits vary and may increase depending on credit, rental or employment history.
- APPROVED animals are accepted on SELECTED properties. A non-refundable Animal Fee of $100 and a refundable Pet Deposit of $500 is required for each pet, with a 2 pet maximum if approved. Animal Fees and Animal Deposits MUST be paid in FULL prior to animal being allowed on property and a photo of the APPROVED animal must be provided for the file prior to animal being allowed on property. NOTE: An Animal Deposit or Animal Fee is not required for authorized service animals but proper documentation must be submitted and verified.